The Derwent Project aims to secure the future of Keswick for the next generation. Filmed on location in the Lake District, this...
What to consider when updating your website
There’s a high possibility you are reading this blog post on your mobile phone.
According to Google’s Mobile Playbook, 57% of users have stated they wouldn’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. Therefore, making your organisation's website mobile-friendly should be a top priority, if it isn’t currently.
With this in mind, we have put together a set of questions you should consider when briefing your agency/developer on redesigning/updating your website.
Why do you want to update your current website…
• To change the overall look and feel
• To address usability issues
• To make it mobile optimised
• To integrate more features
• To make it compatible with other software systems you use
A bit about your organisation…
• What are your future plan/goals for the organisation and website?
• How would you briefly define your product or service offering?
• Who are your target market?
• What makes you different from your competitors?
• What type of marketing are you currently involved in/practice on a regular basis?
• How much of the existing content/design would you like to keep?
• What are your top 3 frustrations with your current site?
• Who currently looks after your website hosting & SEO?
• What do you most like about your existing website?
• What do you like about your competitors websites?
• Do you have any examples of websites you like/dislike
• What are the 3 most important things to consider for the design of the new website?
• Do you have any marketing materials/brand guidelines the site needs to complement?
• What type of actions do you want people to take on the site?
• How do you currently update your website?
• Do you use a CMS system? If so does it do everything you require?
• Will users need to log into the site for any reason?
• If so, why?
• Do you need to build in social sharing features?
• Does the site need to integrate with any other systems?
• What information must always be visible?
And finally, the big questions…
• Do you have an idea of budget?
• When would you ideally like the new site to be complete?
Just as an aside… if you didn’t already know, we love creating new websites here at Drummer so give us a call!
We're proud to announce the new website we designed and built for BMS World Mission has just gone live.
BMS World Mission are an...